Sunday, March 2, 2008

Rafter - Sex Death Cassette


Rafter is one dude (with talented friends), he made most of this on a four track cassette recorder, and it is a really solid release. Little pop pieces mixed in with long noisy tracks, it makes for a really great listen. I'm just posting one song, but I suggest you go out and buy it (or try to find the whole thing otherwise). It's out on Asthmatic Kitty Records, whose most popular artist is Sufjan Stevens, and you can hear that influence buried here under layers of Panda Bear, The Microphones, and Sondre Lerche.
Rafter - Candy Sprinkles

1 comment:

Blake said...

I can dig this. I think the song description is a tad misleading and little fruity (har har) but the song makes me feel warm and sweaty. Like I am lost in a giant wool sweater that I'm never going to get out of. But I’m still totally about the labyrinthine sweater, so I don't care if I'm in stuck in there forever.